Everyone who submitted a log for the 2010 CQ WPX SSB Contest should have received an email with a link to their log checking report. The link uses an encrypted address so that only you will have access to your report. (You are welcome to share the link with others.)
The log check report is a text file that contains all the information about how your log was scored and any errors that were found. Sections include:
- Scoring summary by band
- List of calls not found in the other station’s log (Not in Log)
- List of calls that were cross checked or judged to be incorrect (Bad calls)
- List of calls that only you worked that were not removed from your log (Uniques)
- Additional sections may list operating time or band change violations if they exist.
To provide additional feedback on your operation, the report also includes information on how your exchange and call was received by others.
- List of stations that did not copy your exchange information correctly
- List of stations that did not copy your call correctly
It can be shocking to see a log check report for the first time. Everyone makes errors. The best ops have spent years improving their skills and learning a vocabulary of callsigns. Study your errors and work to improve them in the next contest.
To help you compare your results to those of top scorers, we have made a few log check reports public (including my own).
- Winner Single Operator All Band High Power CN2R (op W7EJ)
- Winner Single Operator All Band Low Power P49Y (op AE6Y)
- Winner Single Operator All Band Assisted High Power CQ3L (op DF7ZS)
- Winner Single Operator Single Band High Power ZX5J (op PP5JR)
- Winner Multi-Single 5D5A(ops IK2QEI, IK2SGC)
- Winner Multi-Two HC8GR (ops K1TO, K6NA)
- Winner Multi-Multi EB8AH (ops EA5DFV EA5DY EA8AH EA8CAC EA8ZS ES2RR OH6RX)
- My report AK1W (op K5ZD)
Note: Your browser may ask you if you want to download the file. Select yes. Then use any text editor such as Notepad or Wordpad to view the file.
Your email with link to the log checking report was sent to the email account you used to submit the log. If you included an email address in the EMAIL: field of your Cabrillo log file we sent one to that as well. Using a valid email address to submit your log (or provide one in the log file) is very important. We use that address if we need to contact you about your entry.
If you did not receive an email and would like to see your report please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2010 CQ WPX SSB Contest. Looking forward to seeing all of you in the WPX SSB contest March 26-27, 2011.
Thanks to David, K2DSL, for the programming work to make the log check report viewer and email sender. Also thanks to George, K5TR, for his expert IT support assistance. And of course, to Ken, K1EA, for the software that checks the logs and makes the reports.